Velosi provide Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) services to refineries, oil & gas processing, petrochemical and power plants. Services include the RBI methodology, consultancy service and system software.
Our RBI programme is designed to both qualitative and quantitative criteria and is based on the American Petroleum Institute RP 580/581 inspection methodologies.
The software which the RBI system employs manages data on all assets and equipment, allows data creation and modification, executes, analyses and maintains a data history of the RBI programme. It allows the use of formulae-based calculations on different design standards, such as ASME, ANSI, EN and other international standards.
Equipment types our RBI teams have inspected include among others;
|• Heat Exchangers
• Furnaces and Boilers
• Tanks and Vessels
• Process pipings
Advantages of Risk Based Inspection
• Focuses on the higher risk items in the plant
• Improves criticality rating and optimises inspection planning
• Reduces risk by improving the baseline inspection programme effectiveness
• Reduces cost of on-going and maintenance inspection activities
• Addresses all risk factors, deterioration mechanisms and internal corrosion
• Reduces shutdown inspection workscope, leading to higher plant availability
Download Service Leaflet